Fan Content Policy
This Fan Content Policy governs your use of Fingersoft Ltd’s (“Fingersoft”) copyrights and trademarks from Hill Climb Racing and Hill Climb Racing 2, including any related assets provided by us for Fan Content purposes. We will not give warnings for violations of this Policy.
Section 1 – Rules For Fan Content
1.1 You may create Fan Content based on Fingersoft IP as long as you comply with this Policy. Any Fan Content that violates this Policy is prohibited.
1.2 This Policy applies only to Fingersoft IP that you access pursuant to Fingersoft’s Terms of Service, end user license agreements, and/or other agreements you have with Fingersoft. For example, if you have agreed to Fingersoft’s end user license agreement for a particular game, then this Policy covers the Fan Content you create based on that game.
1.3 All Fan Content must be appropriate for the audience of the Fingersoft IP and consistent with the spirit and tone of the Fingersoft IP (as determined by Fingersoft). Fan Content must comply with applicable law, may not violate the rights of others, and must not be obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, offensive, objectionable, or harmful to others.
1.4 Fan Content must have no commercial (i.e., monetary) objective. As an exception to this, fans are permitted to monetize web videos (such as YouTube) with advertisements, so long as those videos otherwise meet the requirements of this Policy.
1.5 Fingersoft, in its sole discretion, can revoke your permission to create Fan Content at any time and for any reason.
1.6 You may not say nor imply that your Fan Content is endorsed or approved by Fingersoft.
1.7 Your Fan Content may not include links to any website that promotes or exploits cheats or hacks to Fingersoft’s games or any other games.
1.8 You may not create or use any Fan Content in a manner that could cause people to believe that it is an official Fingersoft production. For example, a fan website may not be designed to look like an official Fingersoft website, and it must be clear to visitors that the website is not a Fingersoft website.
1.9 You may not use any Fingersoft IP in any manner that is derogatory to Fingersoft or that may damage the value, reputation, or goodwill of Fingersoft or its products, partners or brands (as determined by Fingersoft).
1.10 You must display the following disclaimer on or in connection with your Fan Content, including on any web page containing your Fan Content:
- Portions of the materials used are trademarks and/or copyrighted works of Fingersoft Ltd. All rights reserved by Fingersoft. This material is not official and is not endorsed by Fingersoft.
1.11 If you use Fingersoft brands, logos, game titles, character names, or other trademarks (“Marks”) in connection with your Fan Content, you must follow these rules:
- Marks must be used only in connection with the discussion of the Fingersoft products or business they represent. Do not use Marks to identify or promote you, your Fan Content, or any other products or business.
- Marks must be used in a manner that will enhance and not damage the reputation and goodwill associated with the Marks.
- Do not use any Marks in the name of a website unless it is clear from the name that the website is not an official Fingersoft website.
- Do not register or use any domain name that is confusingly similar to our domain names.
- Do not alter any Marks. Examples:
- “Hill Climb Racing” should never be changed to “Racing Hill Climb”.
- The colours of a logo should not be altered, and the design and appearance of the logo should not be modified or adapted into a new logo.
Section 2 – Your Agreements with Fingersoft
Except for the limited permission described in Section 1 above, your use of any Fingersoft IP is subject to Fingersoft’s Terms of Service, end user license agreements, and other agreements you may have with Fingersoft regarding the websites, games, and other materials from which you access the Fingersoft IP. Those agreements include important legal terms (such as limitations of liability, disclaimers of warranties, and dispute resolution), so please review those agreements carefully before creating any Fan Content.